Thursday, November 10, 2011

Post and Beam Decorating?

I'm getting ready to purchase a 20 year old home and it's a post and beam contemporary complete with open staircases, vaulted ceilings, some wood ceilings, and many exposed beams. I'm looking for some basic thoughts on leaving exposed beams as is, how color can work in rooms with wood ceilings, if there are any thoughts about covering select ceilings with drywall to lighten it up...I'll take any input. I'm at a decorating loss. My husband and I are not afraid of color, in fact enjoy the darker colors but I think we may need to find a happy medium to be sure we don't lose all the beams if the color is too dark or continue to have as much dark wood visible as it is now if we go too light. Feel my frustration? :) Thanks in advance for any advice and input!

No comments:

Post a Comment