Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Looking at buying a used Baldwin spinet 1024 but need help!?

I found a used Baldwin Spinet 1024 in my local paper for $300. It is described as "beautiful, barely used, one owner (who bought it brand new over 20 years ago), and in need of a tune (owner cannot remember the last time it was tuned). The internet guides on used piano's suggest that the average life of a piano is 30 years. How does a Baldwin Spinet compare? I could care less that the sound quality is going to be lesser than an upright. I play for fun and a stress release. Just about anything that holds a tune is going to be better than my 104 year old Behr Bros. piano that is going to cost $1600 to rebuild and can no longer hold a tune. I'm really just looking for a piano that is going to last me about 5 years until I'm out of college and can afford a nicer (or new) one. I know someone is going to suggest that I have a piano tech look at it, but I'm on a pretty tight budget. After buying it, moving it, and tuning it, the price has already doubled. So any advice you can offer would be excellent for checking it over myself. I play for a fun stress reliever, I am not looking for concert quality. Thanks so much for any help and if this belongs in a different category, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment